Thread: Mod ideas
View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2003, 10:46 AM

Sergeant

henk brouwer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mod ideas

Quote:
Originally posted by Akachaki:

It's may be easy to talk about a mod idea but making one is an other thing wich is hard. i made a test mod to try different aspect of modding and im stuck at making my own dungeon , i can't even make the map works.

Justin
What exactly is the problem with the mapmaking process? post it here and I'm sure someone could try and fix it.

The most important thing for maps is the connection types of the tiles, it can get really out of hand if you have too many different types, since you need to make tiles with most of the possible combinations. ( I think you can skip some, the mapgenerator seems quite good at puzzling something together from the pieces it has) I have made a map with 4 different connection types (0, 1, 2, 3) which means you need an enormous amount of tiles just to get a working map.

Anyhow as for the original topic, I'm working on a module right now, which will use new maps but the old character/items/magicsystem etc. Can't say too much about the story yet but It will involve a graveyard and a lot of zombies :-). about 25% finished...

Christmas module v1.05 (attached to first post)

Xerathul's Revenge v0.5