View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2011, 08:24 AM

Sergeant

spillblood is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Request for more cooperation in order to improve the game

Thanks, extremely useful contribution, Skyburn. Stuff like this is exactly what we need. But we really need some more people with modding experience willing to make actual mods here. But circumventing some AI restriction by modding the game is an idea that was brought up here in this forum before. You see, I try rallying support and sending in tickets (last one yesterday, replied to two tickets today), but modding is time consuming. We need more people to be able to do that.
That's why I try gaining some support in other forums.
I want to post one reply to a ticket where I requested a modding guide today which I wanna share here because it might help you to understand Shrapnel's standpoint, which they used in other games:
Modding guides must be done by the community:

Quote:
If we receive enough requests we will look into it. So far, you are the first to ask for one. Most of our modding games have the modding manuals put togetehr by the community. YOu might consider starting one.
I have no experience at all, and we need to analyze the game's structure thoroughly to be able to start one. Any help would be appreciated. We could submit it to Shrapnel when we have one.