Thread: German Biased?
View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2006, 02:10 PM

Private

cbblackard is on a distinguished road
Default Re: German Biased?

I designed a lot of the scenarios for this game over the years and can say the following:

1) Don and Andy never directed what scenario topics should be covered. They pretty much gave scenario designers the freedom to design the scenarios which interested them most. Personally, I believe that has led to more and better scenarios from the designers;

2) I've always been more interested in the German military than the other sides in WWII -- and that relates primarily to the fact that I find German armor to be far cooler than the armor of other nations. That's not to say that JSIIs and T-34/85s aren't cool, but I'm willing to bet that most wargamers/modelers agree with me and are bigger fans of German armor than other nations' armor;

3) Over the past twenty (20) years, there has been a TON of books published relating to the German military in World War II (including the translation of many German unit histories) making it possible to accurately design scenarios from the German point-of-view. Unfortunately, there are very few books from the Soviet point-of-view. Thus, if you are an Eastern Front fan (as I am), it is a breeze to design historically-accurate scenarios from the German point-of-view but next to impossible to design Soviet ones. Hopefully that will change in the future.

CBB