View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2006, 06:21 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

tinkthank is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My first post with some questions

Thank you.

Are you saying that ANY round may damage or destroy any other unit? What are the odds? (I bet that a pistol round has different odds than, say, a howitzer round, right?)

WHen I inspect one of my tanks, I can see something like this(which I cannot copy and paste here, unfortunately, so this is from memory):

120mm M26 91
7.62 mm M240CMG
50cal AMG
7.62 M240 AMG

Then there are ratings for Acc (Accuracy, I think), Kill (What's this 8:0 mean though?), Pen (Penetration?), HEAT (no clue), APCR (no clue), and range.

Now unlike everyone else here, I dont know what these guns are, really; I suppose "MG" is "machine gun", but I dont know what AMG or CMG is or if there is a difference. I just cant seem to glean enough info from these screens to tell me what the purpose of these things are.

I am not a modern "war buff", so I dont even know what those "classes" mean. I did, I really did try to check this up, but when I see that somethng is an "LMG" or an "SPAA", I dont know what that is.

When I select a target and hit "fire", my unit seems to use all of its weapons on that unit. I read the tutorial and other texts in the Game Manual, and they say (doh) to use larger guns on the tanks and machineguns on the infantry -- but I seem to be shooting my cannons at the infantry too. How does one control this fire?

One final question: In playing the tutorial, I see that one of my units, H5 (a Bradley), is 2 hexes away from its commander (H0) -- I checked this in the overview screen. This unit H5 is listed as "out of contact" -- why? He's right next to his commander?! (I am attaching that game save here, if I can find it.)

One final mini-question: When I hit the "h" hotkey, I am taken to the unit overview screen, not the headquarters screen. Is there a different hotkey for that?

Thank you
Attached Files
File Type: zip 438791-SpSv006.zip (86.0 KB, 108 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to tinkthank For This Useful Post: