View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2012, 07:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

elmokki is on a distinguished road
Default Re: UnitGen - Random nations with procedural sprites!

The armor destruction magical effect is aoe-1 and ludicrously good especially for archers so it was removed.

This morning I've:
- Fixed commander generation so you should be guaranteed flying commander if you have flying units etc. There was a bug sometimes hindering this.
- Sacred commanders should not show up in starting armies or militias any more and as an additional bonus commanders should be now ordered non-mounted - mounted - sacred instead of fairly random order.
- Chariot generation fix: heavier chariots are more expensive and all chariots have a bit higher encumberance
- Ranged sacreds are rarer. Vanilla has total of one of those (two if you count LA Man Wardens I suppose, but one with magic bow anyway), but in UnitGen they should still be considerably more common than that.
- Magical bows should get a bit less extra stats.
- The magic special effects may affect unit prices now. I added very basic price increase tags to most effects I felt deserve one without thinking much.
- Nations get 5 to 10 extra gods based on random numbers and their magic paths to choose from. I didn't bother to list every single pretender in the game, but there's a good pile of them and hey, if someone feels like something is lacking, they can always add more themselves at /nations/gods.txt