View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2009, 11:59 PM

Major General

MaxWilson is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Helheim - lets burn some rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baalz View Post
Man, I just don't like owl quills myself. They're just so inefficient, and using the massive thug wave strategy I tend to burn through a lot of air gems for cloud trapeze. Plus, honestly you start running out slots to stick blood stones and skull mentors in when you're recruiting smaller numbers of expensive mages while sending some of them out to raid and fight. Lightless lanterns are efficient enough, but to be honest every fire gem I scrape up goes to golden shields, or if I'm really lucky I start whipping out fire brands to go with them. You don't really end up with that much to fire site search with and ideally you want to crank out dozens of golden shields.
Owl Quills might be more important in a strategic variant that doesn't want to take an awake pretender (to get from Const-2 up to Const-4) or that wants to save death games for shadow brands. I'm just saying, know your options, because in some games you discover lots of fire sites and few death sites. Of course *you* already know about lightless lanterns and owl quills but some people don't.

-Max

["Memories of Ice", by Steven Erikson. Retranslated into l33t.]