View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2007, 02:59 AM

Corporal

Phlagm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mod: Even Weirder Worlds *** Now 0.90

Oh and the weapon coding is only a matter of getting an idea, and then meticulously running the thing over and over until you can get it as close to your idea as possible...and using what's already there as an example.

I can tell you one thing: If you want any snazzy pattern to spawn from a missile, you almost always have to spawn a stationary object that is invisible and let that launch the next stage. Once I figured that out, my life got easier.

One thing that helps me come up with ideas is to try to break established patterns and behaviors for things. Example: the hydra missile is a missile that works better against races with point defense. Also (although this came out of SAIS) it happens that the Zorg Missile is useful because it will hit from behind and bypass most point defense. Finally, the blastoid will get hit by point defense, but will detonate when it does, so it may inadvertently take out a fleet of fighters.

I haven't spent much time with the beam weapons, but I will shortly. (I'm also going to have to go through and make a few more items of each type so you aren't just finding weapons everywhere).

Oh and I just learned something about my mod, and I'll share it. If you have Ripcord with twin mass drivers and the plasmoid shield, he's ruthless.

-Jeremy