View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2017, 07:20 PM

Captain

RecruitMonty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "Access Violation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
As far as I recollect Scenhack does not read scenario info text, display lbms or shps etc.

When exactly does it crash e.g. "Scenario loads OK but when I go to screen X and select unit Y .. kaboom!". In order to debug something, one needs to know exactly what path is taken to get to the fault. That is far more helpful than a vague and woolly statement of "it has an access violation error!" with no specifics.

For instance - is everything OK until you go to open the formation detail screen. (Which would point you to something being wrong formations wise with the OOB in question I'd infer!).

Then what is special about the scenario that causes the crash?. Do other scenarios using that hacked OOB load OK?. If they work OK, then what's the difference - uses some particular unit or formation or weapon the others don't, perhaps?. Or uses something that's no longer there since it got edited out of that OOB...
It is purely a problem with ScenHack. In-game everything is fine. No crashes whatsoever. Just one or two scenarios in ScenHack fail to register properly when I click on the "make tables" function under the SQL tab - specifically six of mine all of which use modified OOBs (units from 35, 44, and 42).

Other Scenarios I've made have, however been processed by ScenHack without any problems and have produced tables in SQL without incident. These also used the same OOBs and even the same units in some cases.

I hope that clarifies things.

The game runs fine. It is just ScenHack that isn't happy and only in the case of those six scenarios. It loads incomplete tables for those scenarios and I get those two error messages each time (one for one half and one for the other).

It is not the Borland problem. I downloaded the fix for that and everything runs great now.

I have a disk version of the game so I've got full functionality.

Incidentally, I did a "Broken Link" check in the vanilla OOBs recently - USA and found a whole bunch of units with Nationality set to "0". Is this a bug?

Last edited by RecruitMonty; January 31st, 2017 at 07:50 PM..