View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2018, 08:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

jivemi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Feature requests for 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix Nephthys View Post
Just an observation, why not just increase the artillery effectiveness in the preferences? That would seem to be the solution right? I play at 100% but for some people it can be different.

It says in the manual...
Arty is fine against troops NOT dug-in IMHO so wouldn't want to upset the balance otherwise. The advice given by yourself and others is sound; the game cannot be all things to all people and there are ways to use arty below 155mm effectively to suppress, possibly rout dug-in units.

No doubt I'm being persnickity but my particular objection is to a mere 3 millimeters of difference which excludes the Russian 152mm from that caliber of arty which CAN cause casualties in this situation. As zovs66 notes, "when I can afford 155, they are devastating to the Germans, its almost like cheating when I hit a dug-in area for 3-8 turns and then walk up and kill off the rest." So if 155mm is devastating, 152mm is not?

At any rate the game is great the way it is, wouldn't want to mess it up with incessant fiddling over personal pet peeves. Thanks for your kind consideration folks and have a great day. Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to jivemi For This Useful Post: