Thread: obat46 Austria
View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2015, 03:41 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: obat46 Austria

This shouldn't surprise to many after all, it's not like I haven't been down this road before...yup it just went to the Austrian MOD a few minutes ago. The best I can give you for now is mid-2012 to 2013 for the Jagdpanzer Kürassier and Saurer and the rest to be completed by 2017 as far as the force reductions are concerned. I'll post any feedback (or lack thereof) here. In the meantime since your "hitting it" Italy has stolen all the our plans for and have secretly been flying the F-35 since 2010!!!! I'll generate that list of dates and countries hopefully in the next couple of days. It won't be before 1/2019 if at all for the foreign buyers based on what we know and have recently posted on the U.S. dates in the Jet/Plane Thread. One or two have dropped out already and another Canada is thinking about doing the same as well. You might just want to "999" them until we get a better picture and that might be easier and quicker for you in the short term.

But again to Austria below is what I sent them.

Hello,
I was wondering have the defense cuts been instituted that were announced back in 2010? For instance when were the Jagdpanzer Kürassier tank destroyers and the Saurer tracked armored vehicles retired from active service? And did Hungary receive any of your weapons. I've included this as one of the sources used, http://www.janes.com/article/44220/a...cuts-programme plus others to include your own site. I'm trying to update the Austrian OOB for armored tactical game WinSPMBT and any help at least concerning the status of the Jagdpanzer Kürassier tank destroyers and the Saurer tracked armored vehicles would be deeply appreciated.

Regards,
Pat Conklin
USN/SS Ret.

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..