View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2017, 03:14 PM

Captain

RecruitMonty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "Access Violation"

Thanks for the suggestions and offers of help, guys!

Some of the .lbms I have don't quite fill the display stuff, for instance - limited to very few by now. Would that cause an error of this sort?

Not all of the scenarios had an introduction. So it can't just be that. Only the one I mentioned specifically. I'll check and see if there is something wrong with the intro. to it. Maybe there is a character knocking about that isn't ASCII - although that would crash the game, right? That hasn't happened.

In the OOBs themselves there is nothing wrong with the characters I have used for names etc.. Although some of the icons don't necessarily display perfectly in the shp file. The gunboats, for instance, have a yellow line through them in MOBHACK but not in the game and in the shp file also no yellow line.

Hmm... . maybe it's the infantry icons. They are not my work. But then all the German infantry would be pfutsch and that isn't the case either.

I'll tinker about a bit myself for a while and if I don't have any luck I'll take Shahadi up on his very generous offer of tech support.

Here is a funny one, what about spaces in the text files? What if, say I have the following entry: "Icon: AMM Picture: AMM*"

Does the extra space after picture cause problems?

Wish me luck!

Last edited by RecruitMonty; January 31st, 2017 at 03:33 PM..