View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2003, 02:18 PM

Sergeant

henk brouwer is on a distinguished road
Default Workaround for the spell effect stacking bug (mod)

I've made a small mod that should prevent abuse of the "spell effect stacking bug" (the bug that causes the effects of a spell to stack when it's cast multiple times, for example: casting barkskin lvl I, which should give 15% resistance, six times in a row gives 90% resistance etc..)

The mod has the added effect that the affected spells will no longer run out, so you won't have to recast them every minute.

I intend to put this mod in my upcoming module, since it makes it far easier to fix things like game balance etc. I haven't checked wether all the spells work correctly, but have tested a few which seemed to work fine. Let me know if you find any bugs.

-------------------------------------------------

instructions:

Put the spell.txt file in the data folder of the module that should use it (DON'T FORGET TO BACKUP THE OLD FILE!!)

changes:

*Spellsystem changed to prevent abuse of the infamous "spell effect stacking bug"
-spells/skills like barkskin and berserk, that increase stats of the caster are automatically activated, and can no longer be cast (to prevent multicasting and bonus stacking) affected spells:
Barkskin, Berserk, Cleansing Armor, Cloack of Darkness, Cold Enchant, Deadly Precision, Fire Armor, Fire Enchant, Giant Strength, Ice Armor, Lightning Armor, Lightning Enchant, Magic Armor, Magic Shield, Nature's bounty, Rage, and Vigor.

-The 'light' spell will still stack, but it's casting cost has been increased, while casting light at a higher level has been made more effective.

1065790768.zip

[ October 10, 2003, 13:45: Message edited by: henk brouwer ]

Christmas module v1.05 (attached to first post)

Xerathul's Revenge v0.5