Thread: Bug Wish List
View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2009, 01:31 PM

Private

mosborne is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bug Wish List

Hi again.
Thanks for the feedback, and agree it was my fault for doing a silly thing in the first place. But the way I see it. If you are one guy running away with a tank and a load of men aiming their guns at you as they approach. The running man is not going to surprise the tank or the men riding before he is killed. Remember he is in plain view of the tank with passengers as well as 30+ other men in various units who recently fired on him. So I was suggesting some kind of check (even though I know it won't happen for reasons previously stated) to ensure a bit more practicality. No way, will I be able to duplicate this one. However, I think there are plenty of cases where a retreating squad rallies and destroys the vehicle when it moves next to it. I would suggest this be modified in any case, as this should not happen when there are support units around. I would suggest limiting the auto rally from retreat when a vehicle moves next to it to only situations where the retreating unit is unspotted by 1 unit or less at the time of attack.

None-the-less, next time, I'll just do what I should have done in the first place.

WRT to the artillery, I'll try to put together an example. Although I did save the game, I would need to give out my password in order to do it and prefer not to have to gen another.

The particular case for this one was a enemy paratroop drop on my artillery locations. So of course I had a big smile on my face as I lined up my artillery tubes on some paratroopers and to my surprise, it was like I never fired at them. They were still in the ready or pinned state. No losses even after putting 10+ rounds into them. I figure high explosives fired from almost point blank range should make the head spin, but no luck. Fortunately, mgs and autocannons were available. Yet I have seen one of these do a number on a squad when computer controlled. Nothing wrong with the computer control though, it does what it is suppose to do. There seems to be a bug somewhere with the direct fire routine under human control. Like I said, though, I'll do some testing and post, as this is not the first time this has happen, also, not limited to this version of the game. I've seen it happen in all versions currently out. This is just the first time I felt I should report it.