Old February 13th, 2011, 05:20 AM

Captain

Marcello is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MBT's

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
C10. Change: UKRAINE/OPLOT/UNITS 061-063/Add 9K119M REFLEX
(NATO Des. AT-11 SNIPER-B) 6 Missiles.
Noticed from refs that ATGW load has no affect on conventional ammo loads from refs. Must be due to size that addition of these doesn’t take up that much room as compared to conventional rounds. Am under the impression from further looking into other countries platforms this is just about a "universal truth" across the board.
http://www.morozov.com.ua/eng/body/t84armament.php
http://www.pmulcahy.com/tanks/ukrainian_tanks.html

See bottom of the page. And yes I saw the number if it is 100% correct, however six works as that's what's in the game now for the T-84 tanks as well. Changing the number to 5 missiles would not only affect the Ukrainian tanks but would spill over to Russian ones (T-80 and T-90 series.) as well and any one who uses them outside the Ukraine and Russia that has the ATGW. I say Das Vydonia to a couple of rolls of toilet paper and keep the six packs instead!

Regards,
Pat
Probably numbers were not accounted for.
The barrel fired ATGMs take about as much space as a conventional round, it cannot be squeezed in "somewhere", the "somewhere" on a T-64/72/80 is very small.
I remember an east german tanker listing the items that were packed inside a T-72, it was nothing to write home about.
Just about 300 rounds for the 12.7mm could be carried internally, coax ammo load is a quarter of that which can be carried by the Abrams (though made up by the HE rounds and the Abrams coax storage isn't usually filled up 100% due to feed issues), only a very small quantity of food (they could not even squeeze in some soup cans as done on T-55s) etc.