View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2017, 09:13 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,422 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Problems with the current Russian OOB (#11).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crueldwarf View Post
Standard motor rifle section have 8 men in it (section commander, BTR/BMP gunner, BTR/BMP driver and 5 dismounts). And there is another 6 men in the platoon command group which is absent from the game as separate unit.

I always thought that command groups are simply spread out among the rifle squads. So mech sections should be either 7 men (if we have 3 men vehicle crews) or 8 (if commander dismounts too).

Also there should be two man PKM team in each BTR/Platoon after 90s as company machine gun platoon was disbanded. AT assets went to a company command and machine guns were spread out among the platoons.
I have made OOB development adjustments to the Russian OOB that appear to set up the various mech formations more correctly with slightly larger mech units and so far I have not found a case where units were left on foot and the manpower count seems to be as close as we can get. Both the BMP and BTR Rifle plts now have 24 men on foot with 6 more as crew in year 2000 platoons but it's a juggling act to get this all to work with formations that span 75 years but I *think* I have. PLUS the BTR-50 formations are better represented in regards to manpower and number of carriers per plt/ coy

However, in future PLEASE use specific game formation numbers when making comments on formations so I know I'm looking at the same thing you are looking at

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....