View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2003, 06:33 PM

Major

Instar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Questions? Need help? Look here

I am seeing a lot of problems with AMD things... perhaps upgrading the flash BIOS could fix some issues (however, if you incorrectly flash your BIOS, you can really screw it up!, so be careful).
Your motherboard brand might be hard to figure out. Most big companies have their own motherBoards that you can update at their site. Otherwise, you are going to have to look up your mobo manufacturer and see what BIOS updates are there.
Edit:
Just realized not many might understand what I mean. The Flash BIOS is a chip on your motherboard that is the lowest of the low level things, and acts as the interface between all your computer components. You might have to update that. Your specific mobo manufacturer has details, look for your manual, or look right on the motherboard itself to see the brand.

[ September 30, 2003, 17:36: Message edited by: Instar ]
When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet, and when toast is dropped, it always lands with the buttered side facing down. I propose to strap buttered toast to the back of a cat. The two will hover, spinning inches above the ground. With a giant buttered cat array, a high-speed monorail could easily link New York with Chicago.