View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2007, 12:34 PM

Private

Valrog is on a distinguished road
Default Re: With enough arrows, even Death may die...

I started with the Warlock, which is a ton of fun.

You can summon elementals of 4 types, bind them (if a single, larger one spawns) or let them fight for you, summon giants or elemental lords. You can also summon elemental beings which give you a chance of summoning a champion that can use items. Your apprentice can do the same but is less efficient (takes more gems).

Binding earth elementals (emeralds) give you more hp (though it's more of a damage shield, as it doesn't heal), and you can keep adding them. Fire (rubies) give you a fire attack, which, like earth, is scalable. Water (emeralds) give you a healing ability and diamonds let you fly.

Cool thing about this class is that the elemental lords you can summon in a creature that is actually more efficient at summoning elementals than you are They can also lead and change the season. Earth can change it to spring, fire to summer, emeralds to autumn and diamonds to winter.

Anyone else try the Warlock? I couldn't figure out if there is any benefit in binding multiple water or air elementals . Also, for some strange reason, sometimes when I summon in an elemental lord, it's just a "critter" that can't lead, summon or change the season. Is this a bug or is there some kind of criteria?