View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2010, 07:17 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Amhazair is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Requirements for winning a game and having it posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheConway View Post
What is it w/gandalf and thinking that everyone at dom3mods is some hyper-competitive pro-gamer? Sombre (the founder as I understand it) only plays casual games of ~6-8 players that I've seen. Tbh, having lurked for some time here, Gandalf talks more about a dom3 "ladder" than just about anyone else. The only things that people at dom3mods seem to take more seriously than people here are staling and setting AI. Balance doesn't seem like its really some huge issue over there, except when it comes to posts on the CBM thread, which is understandable.
Can't talk about the "other" forum, as I haven't been there much, but from what I have seen Gandalf pretty much has (or pretends to have) a ton of preconceptions (not to use the word prejudice) about what other people think, and clings to them fiercely in his crusade against those same preconceptions, that mostly only exist in his own imagination to begin with. There's probably a psychological term for that.

(No offence Gandalf, I know it's in an attampt to do good, and it even might serve that purpose, but I still think it's funny. Or occasionally boring, but then I just stop reading. No harm done.)

About the win in question... Meh. The HoF pretty much exists by the grace - and the fairness - of those posting their wins. I know one of my wins is slightly dodgy in a "Yeah, I probably would have won if we kept playing, but it was still quite early so who knows" kinda way, but the other players felt I should claim it as a win and - well - I didn't protest. Nobody polices it, and god knows you'd have to be mad to want to do so. I know I'm not going to go over the game thread you mention to find out exactly how lame that win would or wouldn't be, so yeah, I hope the player in question has the fairness to decide for himself if it's legit or not. And if he doesn't... Well, it's not like it's an exact science anyway, one win won't majorly skew the results, and if he posts 7 dodgy wins I think it'll quickly become general knowledge, so yah, not really too worried.