View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2006, 06:12 PM

Private

Tiwaking is on a distinguished road
Default Tiwas Mod

Quote:
bearclaw said:
I must have missed this one originally. Any ideas of doing a Star Wars UI?
If you mean me: Yes and No. Im trying to make a Star Trek: Romulan mod, but I cant get the game to boot past the 'Select your ship' bit. A little backstory may be in order:

Last year I finally got around to doing something I've been meaning to do for AGES: Record a game of Space Empires III on paper(I dont like SE IV that much). Since I play with a set of Star Trek Tech which I modded in, it makes the game alot more fun and interesting.

Then I found out and bought Starfury, which is an incredibly easy game to moddify, just like SE III! Or so I thought.

I've been trying for 3 weeks to get my SE III game turned into a Starfury Campaign. I finally thought I'd ironed out all the bugs, but there's just one thing I cant get past:

Access violation at address 004C7BB0 in module 'starfury.exe'. Read of address 0000000C

Occurs when selecting "Romulan Fighter" in the starting ship screen. You can download what I have done for the Mod here Starfury Mod: Tiwas Romulan Panasa Campaign. The tonnages are based on Deciphers Star Trek: RPG

Notes: For starters the Campaign Map contains one system(Panasa) with no warp points. Only enemies are meant to be Panasan Fighters. Only ship you can use a Romulan Fighter. Both fighters use the Human Fighter model til I can get the game going properly. And yes, there IS a D'deridex model just WAITING for me to get my mod off the ground!