View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2003, 08:28 AM

Corporal

DarkStar is on a distinguished road
Default Another Patch? If So, Some Ideas. MM Please Read

- Spell book that scroll spells would go into. They take up quite a bit of room in the inventory, if not like scrolls should stack in the inventory

- Clicking on the mini-map would allow you to 'look' at the dungeon there. This would be useful for finding exits, items, and unopened chests. It would only work where you have already explored. Basically showing the selected area as if the character walked there - maybe it's a spell or costs gold to use?

- Stacking potions. By this I mean if one is +50 Health, and you put another on it that was +50 Health it would make one +100 health. Like the scrolls, potions take up alot of space in the inventory. If not then like potions should stack in the inventory

- A spell that would convert items to gold (maybe for less then the shop would give you) going back to town all the time isn't so fun

- Button on Hi-Score screen to clear the Hi-Scores and reset them

- A spell to teleport to town from anywhere - like Diablo - again going back to town isn't fun all the time - maybe you lose gold if you use it?

- Might happen now - but shops should have items that increase in power relative to your gold and or character level. I have sooo much gold and can't find anything to spend it on

- More inventory slots - inventory space still seems limited - stacking ideas above would help

- Clearer indication of stairs, teleports, walls, and doors. On some maps you can't tell what is a dead end and what isn't. Also hard to find the exits. Might not need if 'look around' feature is put in from above.

- Toogle on automap to show walls, items, open chest, close cheats, stairs etc. For example I could select walls, and closed chests. This would show me all the closed chests in the level with the walls. Might not need if 'look around' feature is put in from above.

- Ability to flash pixels on the automap not just the player. Could be used to show quest items, unopened chests, a location the player needs to get to because of a quest, etc.

- Rollover tool tips for all the icons and stats

Feedback on any of these ideas?

[ May 07, 2003, 07:51: Message edited by: DarkStar ]