View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2015, 04:24 AM

Sergeant

mkr8683 is on a distinguished road
Disk WinSP:Civil War - 19th Century mod for WinSPWW2

"This mod contains highly altered or additional files that may or will cause interference with the master game files and it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that this mod be installed and played ONLY in a separate copy of the game and NOT run from the master game."

Hi guys -

Here is my US Civil War mod for WinSPWW2 -

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6z...inSPCW_1.0.exe

I've been working on this mod off and on for the past four years. I'm at the point where if I keep under wraps any longer, I'm afraid no one else will get to tinker with it.

Included in the mod are eight complete, playable scenarios, and one unfinished one.

I wanted to do a lot more with it before posting it here, but with a family, full-time career, and starting school again, I don't have too awful much time for it.

With that being said, enjoy what's there. I've completely started over on this thing three times - no, really - but it's been worth it. I've had a helluva lot of fun playing it. It's not perfect, and not even close to imitating 19th century combat, but it's a blast.

The mod uses the years 1931-1935 (1861-1865). I recommend going to the game options menu and changing the default pairing to US vs Germany. I'm using USA for the Confederate Army and Navy, and Germany for the US Army and Navy. There's a readme of sorts included. It's not complete, by any means. The land combat side is pretty much nailed down, and I was still experimenting with the naval side of things. I'll admit, though, naval combat in this mod is pretty tedious.. as it would be in any SP incarnation.

There are a few loose ends, you'll notice, so just pass them along to me. I'll continue to add scenarios and maybe a campaign or two. Just remember that graphics and sounds are my forté.. I am NOT a good scenario designer, but I did the best I could with my limited understanding of this game. I've got thick skin, so please give me some constructive criticism. I'm already expecting some knocks on the head for historical errors in my scenarios!

Big thanks to Don for getting me lined out on the PIC files!

Hope you enjoy, guys.

Matt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1439
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	13554   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	1187
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	13555  

Last edited by mkr8683; April 3rd, 2015 at 05:40 PM..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mkr8683 For This Useful Post: