View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2009, 09:03 PM

Private

marsorder is on a distinguished road
Default Re: “Operation Vigilant Resolve” (ORBAT) Help Needed

Thanks Suhiiir

Sorry I meant to say 250 slots. Which I believe is the maximum allowed (correct?) That is wonderful advise regarding paring down the AT and AA weapons (SMAW's, Javelins, Stingers, etc). as well as‘...do a section of the battle rather then the whole thing’ Another great idea, thanks, I guess I was caught up with the idea of doing the entire battle and lost sight (stubbornly) of the slot and time limitations of the game.

I think I can also eliminate the HMM-161 Marine Medium Helicopter Squadron (CH-46Es) units as the were primarily used for medivac purposes

Iraqi Government Forces (2,100 strong) will need to be eliminated as well. This is not a large concern as 30% of the 2nd Battalion deserted enroute to the battle. And many others were ‘sympatric’ to the insurgents.

Thanks for taking the time to review this ORBAT as well as sharing your MEU ORBAT solution. I greatly appreciate your assistance.

I should be back soon with revisions to the US ORBAT as well as the first draft of the Insurgent ORBAT.

Cheers
marsorder