Old September 21st, 2005, 03:14 AM

Major General

Arralen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: calling all players

Ok, Naresh, I would like to play if you could do me a little favour:

a) shorten your sig.
Especially short posts of yours are 75% sig and ugly to read therefore

b) choose a map with 15...20 provinces per player
(with 1 start prov, o.c.), otherwise the game will get out of hand micromanaging-wise very quickly

c) game settings
"5 indy, 55% sites, standard research, rich" - No, you don't want do that, especially with 31 provinces/player as originally planned: Way to much gems, way to much research, way too much production before players even meet. Basically it's a game that happens only in late Mid- and Endgame. Before that, it's tedious province gathering and MMing everything in place, but nothing more.

With 30prov/player "<40%sites, very difficult research, ,normal" would work much better. Lower indies make for faster expansion (and earlier meeting of players), but indies 9 gives more interesting indies ...

With 15prov/player I would suggest "<50%sites, normal research (or difficult), normal". Indies see above

d) Think about using mods.
There are some glaring imbalances in the standard game with spells, summons and pretenders. So I would opt for "conceptual complete 4" ...