View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2006, 07:47 AM

BANNED USER

chuckfourth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Paratrooper LMG support squad

Hi Mobhack
I think you may have misunderstood me, actually Im not asking for a 5 man size 0 squad Im asking for paratrooper LMG squads of whatever size seems suitable to give them size 0, which would bring them in line with other paratrooper formations.
I think the size 1 five man squad is pretty fragile and probably not worth the money, cheap though it is. To justify this I provided a reference as did GUD showing that partrooper platoons are 30 or so men, not the in-game paratrooper platoon of 45 men. I have been unable to find amything that supports such a large formation but of course I have a very modest library. Even if you add up everyone in GUDs reference and push them into the platoon rather than the more normal coy HQ, you only get 38, which brings you very close to 3 ten men squads and 3 three men (size 0) LMG teams.
I realise that I can mobhack stuff but my point is that the 45 man paratrooper platoon maybe was a mistake and doesnt exist? and that it should be modeled as a 30 or so man platoon. As GUD suggests, 3 two-LMG squads or perhaps 3 one-LMG squads and 3 three men LMG teams.
I think the fix reqired is to change the 45 man platoon to a 30 or so man platoon.
Thanks for your time Chuck.