View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2005, 01:56 PM

Lieutenant General

quantum_mechani is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Conceptual Balance Series - finally a new ver

Quote:
Edi said:
On reflection, I suppose that you're right in this instance. I'll make that change.

I'm going to put out a new version of the Item mod out later today, with the changes I outlined above. It's also going to be a Null Mod in the sense that I've added the #selectitem "<item name>" and #end lines for every single bleeding item that it is possible to build, categorized by type etc and all in the same construction levels and in the same order as they appear in the unmodded game.

Those should stay static, and changes in construction level should not cause them to move around, because otehrwise it is going to be a pain in the arse to try and find anything, especially if things change from version to version. The original author of the mod ought to be shot, it was impossible to find anything without scrolling through the whole file or using a search function.

There are also some item cost and level modifications that I personally violently disagree with, but we can talk about those later, I'm not going to meddle around with them now.

As for the spell mod, in that one the structure of speel edits in one section and unit edits in another is the only reasonable approach because the unit edits take up such a massive amount of space and the units are going to be edited very rarely compared to spell attributes. The readme should also help somewhat.

Another note on the spell mod: I didn't tinker with the contents, but Soul Gate Ermor had gotten quite the discount in its national spells, specifically the Wraith Consul and Senator. Never mind that they are immortal to begin with and also have unholy magic in spades, the consul now costs less to summon than a Wraith Centurion. That struck me as out of whack.

Edi
Before you start re-organizing the item mod, here is a new version. Hopefully it fixes some of the things you violently disagree with.

I will be tinkering some more with the SG ermor part of the spell mod, I'm not totally happy with it myself.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 372640-items.zip (6.3 KB, 230 views)