View Single Post
Old June 6th, 2011, 06:07 PM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Idea of multiplayer roleplaying huge battles with real chain of command.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gila View Post
Cd users should use the *5* key utility,
Non cd users could just rename thier units,keeping units more cohesive that way
I would rename the units for easier tracking so there is consistency. Players would be limited to only calling for fire/air by submitting a request and getting permission from the CO and coordinating it through him.

I'm thinking that the CO gets the file 1st each turn and then, after moving/shooting with his units, passes it to the other platoon leaders in sequence, with the CO and each platoon leader passing along a short briefing to the next player for reference. We could use the forums here with a special thread and when each player is done they upload the save file and post a short/brief kind of AAR for that part of their turn (say no more than 100 words maximum which is about 2/3 the size of this paragraph) for the next guy to download, play and repost. That way there is a flow to the story line that the players and lurkers can follow.

Also, it would allow me as the GM to snatch the file, from any point in the game, load it and take some screenshots and do a running AAR.

Last edited by Double_Deuce; June 6th, 2011 at 06:19 PM..