View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2008, 02:57 AM

Major General

MaxWilson is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ashdod proto-guide

Imprisoned cyclops. YMMV of course, but I am enjoying an E10N6 Cyclops with Order-3 Misfortune-3 Growth-3 Magic-2 Heat-3 Sloth-3. Ashdod is very production-heavy but Prod wasn't all that useful in my tests. In my current game I have ~120 Prod in my capital--I buy one Ahiman Anakite per turn plus enough slingers to use up the rest of my resources--and moving from Sloth-3 to Prod-0 would have cost 120 points and let me buy ~3 Ahiman Anakites per turn, or else buy 5 or 6 Sheshai Anakites. For the other troops you would just build more forts, so Prod is basically about producing more troops in your capital. Since I like battlemages more than armies of sacreds that didn't seem like a fun-optimal tradeoff to make, but if it had I could have traded Magic and some Growth to get Prod-0. (Growth is another dubious choice that happens to be fun for me, but has kind of a bad rep in MP.)

-Max

P.S. My house rules are that magic/drain is 1 RP per scale, like the Conceptual Balance Mod. Don't take Magic-2 unless you're doing something similar; Magic-1 and Magic-3 are cost-optimal in vanilla Dom3.

["Memories of Ice", by Steven Erikson. Retranslated into l33t.]