View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2008, 04:34 AM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ashdod proto-guide

Sorry, can't agree at all. I have now played about 20 games (sp) with the various hinnon, ashdod, gath races - and find them very very different, despite outward similarities.

The production requirements for gath are so heavy that I don't believe it really does follow a few mighty man approach. Rather I believe you will do better with a levite/benjamite bless approach, transitioning directly to a thug/SC. Try a Air/Earth dual bless.

Yes, I know air is considered a weak bless. However, in this case, nature is inferior due to low hp (for giants anyway) high scale requirements. Additionally, you have units which will allow you to heal afflictions.

Interestingly, I too did arrive at the Misfortune 3 setting as well. Your PD is good enough to handle much of the resulting problems- with spammed fortune teller mages.

Similiarly, for Hinnon, I believe you are best served without a bless strategy at all. Your troops are so strong, and your potential end game thugs ditto - that you do not need the bless. Rather a awake pretender + trampler rush looks almost unbeatable.

The three races seem very distinct to me - and progressively weaker.