Thread: Mod Vaettiheim 2.2
View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2007, 04:22 PM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Vaettihiem SE 1.8 UPDATED

Archers in CBM aren't increased in price, they just have slightly nerfed bows. In the case of the vaetti is actually a larger nerf; they get the crude shortbow instead of the regular one, which itself is a bit weaker. I think they're 8 in the cbm version, same as spears.

I am sort of stuck with the moose unit, because it's already improved from the MA Jotunhiem original. I think it can be useful sometimes, so I'm going to leave it as is.

I'm not bothered about the troll ;] I know I've improved a lot and I'm not an artist, just a hobbyist I suppose. I was proud of him as a first effort at the time, but he does look like some weird slime fraggle now. I'll do a quickish graphical mod job based on the forest troll sprite probably.

Finally, it isn't that CBM has cheaper mages across the board, just that in CBM cruddy units are made viable. In the case of the VAetti, for the CBM version I wanted them to be competative, on level footing with random vanilla LA sides. The vanilla Vaetti however I wanted to follow the spirit of the original sample mod and make them underpowered. Now maybe it's time to bring the two versions closer together.

This weekend I'll make he vanilla one properly balanced, as the CBM one is.