View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2005, 01:21 PM

General

Alneyan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Null Item Mod

Well, when using the actual item name (say, Sword of Sharpness), only the one-handed sword is altered. For the Staffs, only the first one (Water/Fire) is altered. It looks like they share the same construction level however, so making one unavailable removes the other.

The number I am referring to is the weapon/armor number, as per the modding manual: "Magical items can only be selected by name, not by their corresponding Weapon or Armor values". This part should have changed with version 2.16, but I cannot select items with their numbers. Both #selectitem 238 or #selectweapon 238 do not appear to be working. I do not know how selecting items by using those numbers is supposed to work however, and I may have got the syntax wrong.

The Swords of Sharpness and the Bane Blades are two different weapons (and two different items), each with its own weapon number, so they are wholly separate for the game. What is odd, however, is how the two Staffs are handled: they share the same number, even though they have different caracteristics (the resistances). I guess it is because the stats of the weapon remain the same, and only a miscellaneous ability is altered.

It makes it impossible to alter the second Staff of Elemental Mastery however, unless I am missing something; removing it should work, though I haven't checked it since my "remove all items from the game to check for misspellings" test. A last oddity about those weapons: the actual name of the weapon is "Magic Staff", and not Staff of Elemental Mastery. #selectitem "Magic Staff" doesn't allow to alter the second Staff though, either when it is used alone or in conjunction with a #selectitem "Staff of Elemental Mastery".