View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2007, 11:16 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Man, it\'s just not there.

For me the main turn offs for SE V are:

1. Although I love the 3d systems, they feel to large and overwhelming for my tastes. I like the smaller look of the SE IV system view. To me the SE IV system gives more information at a glance and I don't have to "navigate" the camera to see what I want to see.

2. The lack of information and or sorting of information that is SE V's trade mark drives me bonkers. I love that in SE IV I can look at something and know instantly what it is I want to know. If I don't see it, its a click away or a quick sorting option to find. SE V is bulky and cumbersome and doesn't offer the same ease of finding information that SE IV does by default. I miss my icons in SE V.

3. The click fest that is SE V.

4. The lack of logical controls. If you click on the main panel which might be a planet or a ship, all you get is a larger view of that object. What help is that? It just seems that things are not as well organized in SE V as they were in SE IV.

5. The music at game start up is just annoying. I would love to have the ability, and I am sure its there somewhere, to turn that off once and for all.

6. The lack of characteristic settings. God I miss those.

7. The fact that Kwoks Blance Mod hasn't been made part of the stock game. (No offense Aaron, but Kwok is onto something.)

What I do like about SE V couldn't fit on this forum. There are so many things that just make me smile from ear to ear when I think about them. SE V is a wonderful game filled with many wonderful things. From the 3d ships to the new treaty system the game is packed full of coolness.

To me SE IV and SE V are two seperate games. A long time ago I suggested that SE V be named something different but was laughed at. Now in retrospect that wasn't such a silly idea after all. Calling SE V Space Empires: Conquest of the Stars would have been a great name for this stand alone game. Calling it SE V just wasn't fair to either game.