Thread: wargamer review
View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2018, 03:21 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road
Default Re: wargamer review

While I did buy Steel Panthers 1 and 2 when they were released, I didn't spend that much time with them. Partly because I didn't have time and partly because I preferred Panzer General. That changed with the release of Steel Panthers 3 which just clicked with me. A few years later, after I had stopped playing the games in question, I got to play the then Matrix release, which I liked but again like SP1-2 I just didn't spend much time with it. I don't remember what drove me here, perhaps a forum post or something, but eventually I found out about this game and eventually I bought the CD version. I think when the PBEM campaigns were released, but it could have been before it, memory...

It's for some time now one of my all time favorite strategy games (easily among the top 15) and probably my top favorite wargame.

BTW, I just checked mobygames and the game (WINSPMBT) is not even mentioned. WW2 is but not this. I checked to see if I can add info but I couldn't find a way, I think only them can do it.