View Single Post
Old August 12th, 2006, 12:27 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,424 Times in 2,695 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Short 75mm missing its smoke rounds?

I'll dig around into this at some point. Class 15 close support tanks ( the early Pz IV's ) and class 129 close support tanks ( the Pz III N and M's) appear to be getting different smoke shells loads ( the class 15 tanks get smoke for all tanks in the formation but the class 129 CS does not) and yes..... they are duplicate classes but they overlap and the OOB designer didn't want them mixed and the ones in class 105 in the German OOB are special "OST" panzer formations and they are that unit class because no other German tanks use that class but other nations do. There are no spare classes so we will not be creating a special class just for the early Brit CS cruiser tanks with an all smoke ammo loadout.

You *MAY* have a point that the PzIIIn's shouldn't be classed as Medium tanks and if I get confirmation of that I will consider renationalizing them in the OOB to keep them out of the Medium tank formations but on the other hand, nobody but you is complaining about them being there and can you say with 100% certainty that they NEVER were used in regular tank formations?

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....