Old November 23rd, 2013, 11:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

jivemi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: #3 The Road to El-Arish

Quote:
Originally Posted by gila View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jivemi View Post
Yeah, but as we used to say in the US Army, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades :-). A loss is still a loss, but maybe a better player could win it in 12 turns. Pretty challenging though.
None of these scenarios are meant to be easy,the designers make them hard for the reason, they don't want to hear"it was easy" after putting so much work into it.

You could have used the scen editor to add more turns yourself, so no need to ask the devs to add more turns imo, just saying.
The scenarios in MBT seem harder than WW2. A lot of that is 'cuz of the post-sixties ATGM's I suppose, but even the earlier ones are tough (for me, anyway). Which is exactly how they should be.

As for the turn increases I was just meaning to ask Don if he thought it was reasonable for anyone to increase the turns on their own (I don't have the disc but Don kindly told me how to use the in-game editor). Those particular scenarios (#63 and 64) expect you to assault a position defended by malyutka teams, ATG's, infantry with RPG's, MG's and tanks.

They're 10 and 11 turns respectively--the variant gives you more infantry and arty too--which IMO is asking the impossible, at least for #63 (haven't played #64 yet). Fourteen turns each might give you a fighting chance for an MV. And yes, I've already bumped them up on my own; just waiting for positional memories to fade before having another go. Wish me luck, I'll need it.