View Single Post
Old September 6th, 2007, 09:48 AM

Private

RX2000 is on a distinguished road
Default Destroying a Space Station?

So I'm in the second campaign. I am flying an Abbidon Carrier.

I got a mission to destroy a Xiati space station. That one wasnt so bad. The station didnt have any missle launchers at all, so I just sat out of its beam weapon range and pounded it with toxic injectors until it blew up.

But, now I got a mission to blow up a Fazrah station, and its proving to be a lot harder. Supposedly there was supposed to be a fleet of Abbidon ships there to help me, but there was only like 3 and they just flew around the system and never even got close to the station. So I guess its just me vs the station.

The thing has like 12 missle launchers and 5000 shields. It has capital ship missles with a max range of 140, which just happens to be the max range of my toxic injector. So when I get close enough to fire off my injectors it is also nailing me with 3 missles, and of course my PD can only destroy 1 missle. Seems like the station is always gonna win a straight up slugfest.

Anyone have any ideas on how to bring down a station like that? It kind of sucks, because I cant continue the campaign unless I destroy it. There's not even any time limit, so I cant just wait for it to time out.