View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2020, 07:34 PM

Private

Clavius is on a distinguished road
Default Re: #0092 USMC Armor in Korea #5 11/50

Just a quick followup. I mentioned in an aside in my earlier note my sense that the PRC fire accuracy was "freaky" high and the USMC accuracy was poor. I went into the scenario to investigate this a bit. What I see is that a sampling of the USMC and RM units' morale and experience values were set lower than the "70" that the manual says is "average", and a sampling of the PRC units show numbers consistently above that average. I created a fresh scenario in 11/50 between USMC/RM and PRC units using similar units and it appears the scenario significantly discounted the USMC/RM units' default Experience and Morale by 10-15 points, and increased the PRC units by roughly similar numbers. I can understand that under the desperate circumstances and conditions of the Chosin, the UN unit settings might reflect tired soldiers, but I'm not sure why the PRC units would be so much higher unless it was to tweak the balance of play.

As I mentioned, the battle results - under my admittedly neophyte command - seem historically accurate, and I'm in no position to quibble with those settings, but it's worth noting.