View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2011, 08:39 PM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Momentum 3 - Finished - sansanjuan/Marverni and odeoderok/Ulm win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansanjuan View Post
TNN certainly played kingmaker(s) by siding with Marv/Ulm on that one.
I mentioned to Zeldor that I was paranoid about him. Despite limited resources he was inflicting a lot of damage so I decided I would dogpile him so he'd have so much to deal with that no matter how well he played it wouldn't be enough. However, live by the dogpile, die by the dogpile, and all those globals I had put up basically put a target on my back. Ermor attacked me first and cost me considerably. With C'tis poaching my southern provinces and then you and odeo attacking I was pretty much just in defensive mode.

Btw, losing Earth Bloop Deep Well was tough. I had just read some favorable comments about Mech Giants on the forum and was going to start churning them out when you took that global.

I also have to say I hate those druids. I knew going in that they would be trouble and while Rain of Stones works well against them once I switched to C'tis I only had two tarts that could do that. I got really tired of seeing them drop into provinces and start in with Living Earth.

But I had fun with my last stand for C'tis (which plays very different from my usual type of nation). The most satisfying was being able to hold off the first attempts to storm some of my forts. Fear the disintegrate spam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansanjuan View Post
I really liked the setup Val.
Glad you liked it! I thought it worked out pretty well - no real imbalances I can think of. And I really do like "Cripple Fight" style games of weaker nations. Not sure if there would be changes to the nation list under CBM 1.84.