View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2007, 12:38 AM

Sergeant

Saint_Dude is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scrolling problem

In the same scenario. . . I have been trying to spread my dominion to counter my opponents large collection of immortal leaders. My opponent has dom 10 and 3 temples, I have dom 8 and 4 temples. I have moved into a province adjacent to the edge of my dominion and built a temple and started to preach.

I have 15 level 1 priests and 5 level 2 priest preaching and I have a temple in the province. The starting dom of the province was -10. The way I understand the manual, each level 1 priest would have a 10% chance to raise the dom by 1 per turn, and the level 2 priests would each have a 40% chance. The temple would have an 80% chance of making a temple check and then would have a 40% chance of raising the dom in the province (for a total of 32%).

I mention all these probabilities because I have been preaching solidly for 4-5 turns and have not changed the dom by even 1 point.

The chance of this happening (discounting passive dom spread, which should have very little effect in this situation) is (0.90^15) * (0.60^5) * (0.68) = aprox 1% per month. The chance that this happens 4 or 5 turns in a row? Very small indeed.

I am wondering if there is some sort of bug with preaching? Or some bug with random number generation (I am using a mac which may make a difference)?