View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2016, 08:58 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Cross country speeds

The formula used in the game is the max speed in Km divided by 3-- that is clearly stated in MOBHack help--The British Comet, for example, has a max speed of 51 kmh ( in a number of sources I have access to ) and 51 km/h divided by 3 = 17 and that's what's in the game. ( we round up at .5 and above and that's why your very first entry is an error.....an A.10 speed of 25.7 km/h would convert to be 8.566666666666667 and that is 9 in game terms NOT 8 ) How well it preforms on various terrain is then determined by the individual terrain factors and there may be more than one factor per hex that influences how far a vehicle will move

THAT is how it's handled and it's NOT going to change. Any differences between whatever source used and what happens in the game in regards to CC speed is not game play significant

What I MAY look at is some of the listings where max speed differs significantly from the values we use in the game like the BT-7 so anything more than a 2 or 3 in column J will be looked at ... but we are not going to adjust how terrain effects CC speed

LRDG vehicles WILL keep their AT wheeled status.

Vehicles like light tanks can and will and will continue to be used in AC or other type formations and it's a perfectly legitimate way an OOB designer can set them up for use in formations but the Yugo example does look like you caught an error

Finally....... there will ALWAYS be speed variations from source to source so they are ALL treated as guidelines and no one source is sacrosanct . I am not going to make changes to the OOB's for minor differences in source stated speed but anything that is off by more than a hex or 2 will be looked at as time allows. I am not going to treat your list as error free given your first entry make incorrect assumptions as to how numbers are averaged so it will be treated........ IF I get time.....as just another guideline

Don

Last edited by DRG; November 17th, 2016 at 12:36 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: