Old January 16th, 2007, 11:20 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Warsaw Pact and TI

Quote:
PlasmaKrab said:
<snip>
Now if you're going to clean the Russian OBF from all the undesired TIs, don't forget that a vision of 40 can also model GSRs, like that on the early BRMs. To my best knowledge the original BRM-1 (model 1976) already had a pop-up GSR with a quoted detection range of 12km.
<snip>

The ACRV and PRP "FO Vehicles" that use the "SMALL FRED" radar are untouched. It was primarily the Hinds that were the problem not the tanks. Also, it's not just the Russian and Warsaw pact that is being looked at here. My original question just asked when they started using it because I could not find a source that definitively answered that question and I would have thought 20 -25 years after the fact it would have been better documented

As well, there seems some concern that the IR gear Russian tanks carried will represented correctly. It is. I'm not sure where this concern comes from. All the Russian ( and WP ) tanks ( unless they are old t-34's )have IR gear represented in the 70's in the OOB's you have now.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....