View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2009, 05:39 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Quantifying Waypoints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
I am glad that there are so talented people interested by the mechanism of way-points.
With the use of way-points an experienced PBEM player can create very challenging gaming conditions while designing a custom scenario.
What would be interesting is to work the way-point mechanism in conjunction with the reinforcement entry probability mechanism.

cheers
I've done, or at least tried to do, just that.

I can get a delayed entry unit to follow way points. You know exactly when and where the unit will appear you can pile waypoints in it's first movement hex so that on it's arrival turn the "correct" waypoint will be in the first hex it enters and off it goes (most of the time).

No way I can think of to work that with reinforcement probability tho. Since you can't be sure which turn it will arrive you can't be certain which waypoint needs to be in it's first movement hex.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein