View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2010, 12:20 AM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: USSR vs. Germany - Tikuin, USSR

Turn 7

Scratch 24 more tanks up north. My tanks are shifting around looking for shots and trying to put some artillery smoke behind them. A few of the enemy batteries did get smoke around my units, but not a significant amount. More smoke was fired this turn and I'll have to shift around this as well. The enemy did hole one of my tanks, disabling his main gun, so I pulled him off the line. There are a few enemy armored cars next to the mines, but getting to them isn't safe. That 20mm gun with SABOT rounds can kill at 100m. I'm willing to let them come to me if they want to try to get around the flank. I've got two tanks covering that area and two scouts with satchel charges if they actually get around the end. If the get past the scouts, there are two 50mm ATGs to deal with.

Still no enemy tanks down south, so that group is moving north. Aside from one squad, I don't see any enemy units further south than 200m from the road. There is smoke about 400m out in front of the left of my infantry line, so it would block line of sight of anything behind it for now.

Two more ME-109s came in, but these won't be coming back ever. One succeeded dropping a bomb on my infantry line, causing some casualties. The other was targeting my AA guns again.

Artillery still isn't having any impact on this battle. I have accounted for some nebelwerfers firing smoke, so the enemy does have at least three battalions of one sort or another. Yet, with all that fire power, it hasn't had any influence on the battle aside from making my tanks move around smoke some. Burning tanks are accomplishing that already.

So far, I can account for 91 destroyed enemy AFVs. To show for this, one of my tanks has a disabled main gun. The main force behind their armor has to be destroyed. I should have a numerical edge by now. With no effort to even breach my line yet, I believe this battle is won. I'm not saying there won't still be hard fighting and that I won't lose tanks, but I won't lose enough to cost me the battle.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 10 casualties.

Enemy: 13xPzKw 38b(t), 9xPzKw IIIh and 2xPzKw IIf tanks and 2xME-109 fighters destroyed.

I've attached a screen print of the entire front as it stands now. Unfortunately, it is kind of small in the thumbnail view, but might be larger if downloaded. Toward the bottom, my south flank column can be seen heading north. More to the north a mass of enemy tanks can be seen on the eastern hill just south of the road. North of the road can be seen the carnage my tanks have inflicted on the enemy thus far. I've pried them off the north edge and have their flank in the air.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Turn 7.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	10531