Thread: Snowdrifts
View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2019, 11:10 AM

Corporal

Isto is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Snowdrifts

About that helicopter / Air thing. It have been stated by DRG and / or Mobhack, i just reported it. As i see it and in my experience they have changed. I suppose the last version where they work like they used to is MBT version 11. From there on, the air units with armor value of 2 or more have become a lot more resilient against High Explosive missiles. This is quite problematic as these are the main weapon types they are countered with.

The newest odd thing i have found is that the FLAK units have armor piercing rounds that are there for ground targets and they neglect on using them against the air units, and do not shoot them at all if they are the only rounds they have left. In my opinion, engaging air targets is the sole reason why i take FLAK unit types. And the game designers seem to have an opinion, that they should not be used against air targets at all.

I am imagining a situation where the commander shouts mad at them to shoot the planes and the FLAK crew say back to their commander that no they wont, because they are saving the rounds against ground targets.

Those other things does not clearly matter, so no need to talk about them.

If someone tests the map, please give me a feedback on it.

I also post another map, but it is not game ready and probably not a map to do battle at all. It is an artistic and absurd as it is but i have created it for fun and to test the map editor program. In this map you can see all the terrain features clearly, even when the map is zoomed out. In the previous map you can not, even when the map is zoomed in. This is mainly the issue for me, and why i asked about the snowdrifts in the first place. The summer maps are clearly superior to the snow maps in terms of gameplay.
Attached Files
File Type: zip spmap430.zip (219.9 KB, 280 views)
File Type: zip spmap437.zip (115.5 KB, 293 views)

Last edited by Isto; May 23rd, 2019 at 12:33 PM..