View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2018, 07:45 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Waypoint Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by zovs66 View Post
So...inital tests are looking really good!

Is it safe to assume that if I set the player 2 formation to Computer controlled and set waypoints for that formation. That if two players decided to PBEM this, then those waypoints are ignored or not used? And the setting of computer control over a formation will not affect the human controlling player?

Just trying to wrap my head around it all.
Waypoints are for the AI controlled force. If a human sets a force to AI controlled, it's an "AI" force - but I have no idea if the scenario designer's waypoints would be carried forwards to a human owned AI controlled force. They MAY do so, provided the scenario designer made them under computer control, but that may not be available to the scenario designer - you will have to experiment and see, if interested.

Remember that an AI force will drop thier waypoints list if they decide to engage a nearby enemy force, or if they wander close enough to an enemy controlled V-hex. They will not slavishly obey them in other words. The AI force also igores any remaining waypoints after about 66% of a game is played.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post: