Thread: Guide MA Aby CBM Strategy
View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2009, 07:35 PM

First Lieutenant

Dragar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MA Aby CBM Strategy

Very nice strat, I’ve now tested the horrors and they are an awesome tool for abysia, which struggles to field multiple expansion parties early.

I have a question regarding the early usage of your rainbow pretender, I'm uncertain how best to use him. Going for Blood 1 immediately is obvious, as is alt 3 for body ethereal if using salamanders, but is it preferable to then hit the research or first do some manual site searching?

My first thought was to get the research to constr 6 first for lanterns, however:

• The rainbow pretender you’ll have is about as good as an acashic for site searching
• Researching first Excepting fire you’ll have no gems to spend quite a way into the game, and for abysia to diversify effectively it really needs to be pulling in gems early
• Finding earth sites early in particular lets you get into hammer and bloodstone production early, improving lantern production on top of everything else, including the sanguine rods you’ll produce once you hit C4

Given that a lot of what you want to do with your research requires gems anyway, is it worth priming your gem economy before hitting the hard research? The only major downside I can see here is that your mages will be left without decent spells in an early conflict, but presumably abysia with D3 scales isn’t much of an early target anyway..