View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2018, 06:58 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 2017 release Map work

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightDeve View Post
So I opened the Goldap map, and man, it's got to be the most painting-like and yet realistic map I've ever seen! The colors, the layout of the terrain, they don't look rigidly artificial, but smoothly organic.

How long to create such beauty?

Cheers!
I have no idea.... an hour here, an hour there in-between other work over a few weeks. I didn't keep track but it went through a number of revisions and one was moving the main hill to the south of town using our map tool cut and pasting. Today the Russian border of the Baltic enclave is almost right at the north Map edge ( but that was unplanned ).

To guess I would say 20 hours but that could be way out .......there was lots of 20 minutes here and there tweaking things

Glad you like it.......... if you try a generated battle on it as the Germans be aware the AI for reasons unknown likes to put a Russian force to the north west that gets trapped by the water

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....