Thread: Stryker platoon
View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2017, 02:36 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Stryker platoon

This is the only answer I can give you for now, though I've seen some numbers from my sources ranging from 6-14 per. But we always strive for better out here and as you and some others know from over the many years I only know one way to get at the tough ones, so with that in mind and with my "charming personality" here I go again...

"Stryker armed with JAVELIN ATGW.
patrick conklin
Today, 2:14 AM2CavReg@gmail.com

Sir or Maam,

Good Morning! I don’t know if you can help with this question or not. I’m curious to find out as I can’t find the information on the web from sources like IHS JANE’s 360, army-recognition.com, army technology.com and defenceindustrydaily.com and other similar sites, on how many JAVELIN missiles the purposed “new” Dragoon Stryker’s will carry when fielded in the Spring and or Summer of 2018 along with the ones equipped with the KONGSBERG MCT-21 30mm turret. We are in the process of organizing these new Stryker’s in the USA OOB into formations based on open web sources. So yes this for a game.

For the sake of disclosure, I do not represent in any way Shrapnel Games or the developers of WinSPMBT. My sole interest is in the submission of new equipment, revision of same etc. etc. to maintain as much as is possible to factually represent a particular piece of equipment to the best of our ability.

I have requested in the past similar such information from several other countries and have archived those emails. And would make them available as needed. I am retired from the USN after twenty years of service in the Submarine Service. Please don’t hold that against me, my Dad served in the Army for almost 28yrs. retiring in 1970.

If you can supply a simply Platoon/or Company level TO&E that would be great as well along with I hope at least a decent ball park number again on the number of JAVELIN missiles a Stryker can carry. I know I won’t receive any classified information and really I seen enough in my career to last a lifetime!?!

If I can answer any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact me.

For now, I appreciate any assistance in this matter as can be given.

Thank You for your valuable time and the job being done now I still believe, in Poland.

Have a Great Day!

Regards,
Pat Conklin USN/SS Ret.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10"

Hopefully this will be more like Australia, Austria, Germany, Romania and UK, more recently Canada on the LAV 6.0. and not like my friends at the French MOD though they did send an auto reply letting me know they received my request. I thought that was very nice of them.

We'll see and I'll post the results if any at all responses are received. Bottom line I've had worse said to me than "NO".

I'm off to bed, so good night/morning or afternoon!!

Regards,
Pat

Almost forgot a good story about the JAVELIN and the improvements made to it. The first video is very good and quite frankly I didn't realize how potent it was as tested on a T-72.
http://www.scout.com/military/warrio...te-tank-killer

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; April 2nd, 2017 at 02:53 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: