View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2009, 01:20 AM

Corporal

Campeador is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Stargate SGC Conflicts In Space Star Fury Mod is now available for download

I am like 10% into the game and facing the Besarian for the first time. Nice thing about the slow down weapons! By the way I really like the sounds of the weapons, and my favorite so far -firing the missiles! I cannot get tired of looking at them fly away!!
Anyway some observations and possible bugs or annoyances so far…

----Timing
To get the timing right when you want it you need to understand a couple of lines:
On the “Campaign.txt” this are the settings:
Job Time Scaling Factor := 2.5
Now on the “Job.txt” we have two lines (the numbers is usually 0 for no limit time out, but to have a time limit it can be any number (no decimal places) on this example a 5.
Time Limit Days Min := 5
Time Limit Days Max := 5
--This means that on the “Job.txt” 2.5x 5 = 12.5 (the game do not follow decimal places so it only uses 12)
So it is really at a time of 12 ticks the time expire.
If you want the action to trigger at 15, then 15/2.5 = 6. So 6 is the number to use on the Time Limit Days line. Try this and you will have perfect timing.
====================================
Small bug – a little detail not much to worry about.
Medium Bug – An annoyance but the game can be played and the action will move on.
Large bug – Game crash or cannot move on the game due to action not triggered or something like that.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
------Small bug:
Main_DisplayText.txt
General Hammond 7
Error: %CaptainName%
Should Be: %Captain Name%
-----------------------------------
Mission:
“Destroy the Goa'uld Station and all Goa'uld ships in the P3R-636 system. Also search for SG-2 who's last transmission was from this system. Report to the Beta Site planet in the Beta Site system when completed (Failure is not an option-Repeat if Failed)”
Problem: The message is too long to be seen on the mission panel: "Destroy the Goa'uld Station and all Goa'uld ships in the P3R-636 system. Also search for SG-2 who's last transmission was from this system. Report to the" – The rest is cut off and unable to be read.
---------------------------------
Mission:
“Find SG-2 in the P3R-636 system. Remember to get within 70 range of the planets to get a lock on SG-2's I.D.C.'s. Return SG-2 to Beta Site planet in the Beta Site system”
Minor issue
The “Return SG-2 to Beta Site planet in the Beta Site system” should be done as a different mission. As it is, once the part of finding the SG-2 and scanning the planet is completed it should complete the mission. At the end of the mission you get this message - “Sg-2 is safely loaded onboard, sir. Hyperdrive engines are online sir. Setting a heading for Beta Site, sir” but the mission still shows “in progress” … but wait the mission is really completed once you return to the Beta base… a little confusing.

============================================
------Medium bug
Problems due to “Search And Destroy” command on the Job.txt.
Mission:
Destroy the Goa'uld Station and all Goa'uld ships in the P2C-257
Settings: Starbase orbiting Planet 1, Planet 1 set to appear random on map.
Colonel Ronson's SGC Fleet set to - Search And Destroy
Problem: If the space station appears north on the map, Colonel Ronson's SGC Fleet may never go up due to "Search And Destroy" setting command. Instead it may remain close to the warp point south where it came from.
-----------------------
Search and destroy command should search the whole map for enemies, but in reality they stay pretty much at a radius of around 300 from where they showed up originally - unless they detect an enemy. (This is a Star Fury original bug)
------------------------
Simple Fix (without restarting game from the beginning): Since the Starbase is orbiting a planet, set Colonel Ronson's SGC Fleet to "Planet To Planet". That way the allied forces will get there… eventually (The ships may still wander a little bit since each map is full of planets).
Compounded fix (will need to restart game from beginning): Make the Goa'uld Station fix on the map close to the warp point where Colonel Ronson's SGC Fleet may appear (if keeping "Search And Destroy" command).

Same again:
Mission: Destroy the Gaul Station and all Gaul ships in the P3s-452 system - Gaul Station north of the center map- none of the allied ships venture north. Since it is a station it cannot be teased into following you like you can do with the Gaul ships.

Note: The same situation repeats on most missions... the thing is that sometimes the scenario works as intended but sometimes it does not work due to combination of random objects on map generation and job orders. I know that it is a lot of work to manipulate planets, warp points and job orders to try to make all the ships allies and enemies do as you desire… Once I finish a mod I have my brother try it – believe me he play totally different than me and he really knows how to screw up my game - this is how I discover that I have to plan for every contingency… well I try.

My possible fixes are just suggestions. There may be better ways to do it.