Thread: MRAPs
View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2009, 11:18 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MRAPs and a couple of general questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
Good Day All,
On the next update is it likely that we might see the MRAP? In service since 2004 and numbering around 3-4000 vehicles in it's various varients it would be great to see the new larger 11 passenger model available.
The MRAP is in the USA/USMC OOB's now.

Quote:
The next deal with crews using an Abrams tank as an example:
1. Surviving crew forced to disperse, could they not be integrated into the replacement tank crew thus causing a slight increase to the new tanks moral or exprience modifiers? Or would this be to big of a software headache?
Game engine limitation. When a crew is dispersed the "unit" is destroyed. The game tracks units not individual soldiers.

Quote:
2. And more important to me, when changing from Abrams to an improved one, let the old tank go to the depot but let me keep my crew. Normally we're only talking about improved guns and systems that are trained on in the field. If this is already being done and I'm just missing this I apoloize in advance.
The crew does transfer to the new tank when you upgrade. But, they lose some of their experience and morale in the process. How much is variable, but the loss isn't usually so much that they become less skilled then a brand new crew would be. Think of it this way...the crew was use to their old vehicle and knew where everything was and how it worked. Now they have a new vehicle but are still use to the old one, so while they may be very skilled they will not operate as effectively with the new vehicle as they did with the old one until they get use to it.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post: