Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Quick question about max battle points

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightDeve View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdll View Post
I tried the game again, I even switched between the Intel gpu and the Nvidia. The lagginess persists. You can see it clearly in the video (when it will be up). The map struggles to scroll more than 9 or so hexes before it stops and then continues. The units when sent to move more than a few hexes, stop every few for a ms then continue.
Also as I mentioned earlier, there is an overall lagginess in the gui within the battle. I am going to try to find if there is something specific that is responsible. I haven't updated my GPU drivers for few months now, and I will double check if there is a conflict somewhere.
I have no doubt it is something about MS Windows that is responsible, but anyway.
Are you using Fullscreen mode? Maybe try this little trick: http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=51247

FRAPS is notoriously slow, that's why I switched to MSI Afterburner for recording on-screen vids. Instructions here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=373159

24GB is a lot. You can try compressing the raw file using MP4 with H.264 codec. The key to achieve a small video but decent quality is in the "bitrate" setting (find the sweet spot). You can try a popular converter program called Format Factory.
I have to use fullscreen, better screen quality for the recording.
I don't use FRAPs for this game. I use an external capturing device which doesn't connect to the laptop at all other than through a splitter (gets the signal).
24GB is a lot, but it is necessary for the approximately 90 min footage to not look like crap on youtube. There is a lot of tiny fonts (for video purposes on youtube) which can barely be seen if the bitrate is any lower. 24GB is the final video, up...rendered if you wish, to 50M. The actual captured video is about half that (bitrate and size), but because there is some loss first when encoding and then when youtube re-encodes the files, it makes it painful to watch online.
Unfortunately the capture device I use (and have to use as anything else I have tried before just doesn't work for me for this game) only captures at about 24-25M bitrate. If it could capture at say 50M or even higher, then I could have a final rendered file much smaller.

Regardless, the size isn't a problem, I am a video editor after all, my main issue is with performance. I am thinking of installing the game on one of my other computers and see if the problem remains. At least that will help me a bit. I hope lol.

I will check the link you provided, but I will do it later (as any testing) as it is late and I don't want to do any mistakes which will eventually just slow me down. (heh).

Thanks again.